Nephrology is specialty of medicine concerned with the diseases of the kidney. Any alteration or dysfunction in the anatomy or the physiology of the kidney can cause acute or chronic renal (kidney) diseases which can seriously affect the functioning of the entire body. Apex hospitals has top Kidney doctors and have been experts in diagnosing and treating kidney infection and chronic renal failure. The Nephrology department at Apex Hospital has state-of-the-art infrastructure, equipment’s with the most updated technology and a team of dedicated and skilled nephrologists and paramedical staff.
- In addition to that : Persistent itching
- Chest pain, if fluid builds up around the lining of the heart
- Shortness of breath, if fluid builds up in the lungs
- High blood pressure (hypertension) that’s difficult to control
- Muscle twitches and cramps
- Swelling of feet and ankles
- Blood tests
- Urine analysis
- Glomerular Filtration Rate (GFR)
- Ultrasound scanning
- Renal biopsy
- Intravenous urography (IVU)
- Renal Arteriography
Dialysis facility for both out-patient and in-patient is available. There is 24 hour nephrologist cover in case of emergencies, Nutritional assessment of patients on a regular basis Individualised rehabilitation program for patients. Haemodialysis facilities for young children Dialysis facilities for patients in the ICU (continuous renal replacement therapies etc.) is also available.
The technicians try to make ones transition into the dialysis treatment as painless as possible. The dialysis technicians are trained excessively and held to a very high standard. All the staff and doctors are committed to help one live to their life to the fullest taking into consideration their dialysis needs.
We use highest quality dialysis equipment from reputed companies. We also take extreme care to dispose off any bio-waste that is generated during dialysis. We have trained staff to handle any breakdown that happens in any equipment that is required for dialysis.
Like the ones mentioned in th photos below
- Kidney Dialysis and transplant for end-stage kidney disease
- Chronic peritoneal dialysis care, including continuous cycling peritoneal dialysis (CCPD)
- End-stage renal disease therapies, hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis
- Renal replacement therapy
- Percutaneous needle biopsy of kidneys
- Percutaneous cannula placement & Percutaneous kidney biopsies
The Department of Nephrology at Apex Hospital comprises of state-of-the-art infrastructure, equipments with the most updated technology and a team of dedicated and skilled nephrologists and paramedical staff.
Our nephrologists strive to deliver the best possible care to patients suffering from acute or chronic kidney diseases.
- Acute (sudden onset) renal diseases
- Chronic (slow ongoing decline in renal function) renal diseases
- Renal damage due to high blood pressure, diabetes, infections, tubulo-interstitial disorders, glomerular diseases.
- Blood in urine (hematuria)
- Protein loss in urine (proteinuria)
- Electrolyte or acid-base imbalance
- Chronic and recurrent urinary tract infection
- Hereditary renal disorders
- Renovascular Disease
The department has dialysis unit facility for both IPD and OPD patients managed by well qualified technicians and nephrologists. A state of art water purification plant (RO Plant) has been installed to ensure supply of ultra-pure water for dialysis.
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT