Dr. Smit Shah
Orthopedician & Joint Replacement Surgeon
Dr. Smit Shah
Department: Orthopedician & Joint Replacement Surgeon
Availability: Apex Superspeciality Hospitals
Timings: Mon to Sat (11am - 1pm) & (7pm - 9pm)
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
- DNB Orthopedic Surgery
- M.S Orthopedic Surgery
- D.Ortho (Diploma in Orthopaedics)
- Fellowship in Robotics, Joint Replacement and Sports-Med, Perth Australia
- Fellowship in Joint Replacement and Sports-Med, Sydney, Australia
- Fellowship in Joint Replacement and Sports Injuries, Paderborn, Germany
- Fellowship in Complex Orthopedic Trauma, Mumbai, India
- Fellowship in Joint Replacement, Hip and Knee Joint replacement, Mumbai, India
- Robotic Assisted or Computer Assisted Total Knee Replacement for conditions like Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid arthritis and other arthritic conditions of knee joint. Partial Knee Replacement (Unicompartmental Replacement)- for isolated Medial or Lateral compartment disease of Knee joint.
- Hip Replacement Surgery – for conditions like Avascular Necrosis (AVN), Osteoarthrtis, Rheumatoid arthritis and Ankylosing Spondylitis of hip joint.
- Hip Resurfacing – in limited indications of arthritis in young population using technique of Birmingham Hip Resurfacing.
- Arthroscopy – Knee for conditions like Meniscal tears, Anterior Cruciate (ACL) tear, multi-ligament injuries, loose bodies.
- Arthroscopy – Shoulder for conditions like Rotator Cuff tear, SLAP lesion, recurrent dislocation, Impingement syndrome.
- Arthroscopy –Hip for conditions of hip joint like loose bodies, FAI (Femoro-Acetabular Impingement), labral tear.
- Fracture surgeries- Operative as well as non-operative management for all kind of fractures.
Published Research Papers: :
- Use of Closed suction drainage Vs No Drain usage in Arthroplasty and Orthopaedic Surgery- A Prospective Comparative Study. (April 2016, Vol 5: Issue 2, of International Journal of Medical and Health Sciences.)
- Technical Note: 3D Printing and Developing Patient Optimized Rehabilitation Tools (PORT) – A Technological Leap. (International Journal of Neurorehabilitation 2:175.doi: 10.4172/2376- 0281.1000175)
- Distal Femoral Fractures: Complications and How to avoid them? (Trauma International 2016 Jan-April; 2(1): 12- 16)
- A clinical study of ligamentotaxis using an external, modified frame in the management of a neglected, relapsed, resistant CTEV (Original article- Medical Journal of D.Y.Patil University, July-Sept 2103, Vol-6, issue 3)
- Quadriceps Tendon Rupture and contralateral Patellar tendon avulsion post Primary Bilateral TKA: A Case Report. (Reconstructive Review- volume 6, July 2016)
- Antegrade versus Retrograde Nailing in Humeral Shaft Fractures: A Prospective Study (DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcot.2019.04.020 The Journal of Clinical Orthopaedics and Trauma 2019).
- Cementless Highly Porous Titanium Tibial Base Plate in Total Knee Arthroplasty – Can they provide good outcomes?
- Robotic Assistance in Revision Total Knee- an early experience.
- 3D Printed Patient specific tools in planning and executing complex arthroplasty (Podium Presentation in APAS 2015- Asia Pacific Arthroplasty Society annual meeting, New-Delhi, 11-13th Sept.2015
- Uncemented TKA using Hilghly Porous Titanium Tibia - Clinico- radiological review of 596 cases (Podium Presentation in APAS 2017- Asia Pacific Arthroplasty Society annual meeting, Chennai, 17-19th Aug)
- Robotic Assisted Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty- Early Experience, Podium Presentation at Asia Pacific Arthroplasty Society Annual Meeting (APAS) 2018 at Bangkok, Thailand 6-9th Sept. 2018.